Wednesday, December 30, 2009

4

This was our fourth Christmas at our new house... I guess it's not really "new" anymore, eh? I feel so behind in blogging, and everything else. I hate feeling that way, but I'm not really going to think about it. I'm just going to write for 10 minutes to get things started...

Speaking of 10, this year was the first time since 1999 that we travelled at Christmas. I like staying home better. We went to visit MWH's family, and while I like them all just fine, I don't like traveling and I don't particularly like staying with them.

MWH did all he could to make it a decent visit for me, but I am whiny when I travel. He went and bought a vaporizer (good grief, how dry the air was), and a mattress topper for the bed (the bed is SO hard). The vaporizer and the mattress topper helped, but was I ever happy to get home to our bed! (And my shower...for some reason, the water there is VERY CHLORINATED, and the shower was difficult to take... my skin was soooo dry!)

The trip was fine. We traveled on Christmas Day and it wasn't too crowded. We came back yesterday, and again, not too crowded. I'll post pictures and do a re-cap of the day and all of the presents on "the other blog" later.

Boy, this is boring... The girls loved the trip and all of the attention. Did I ever tell you what a charmer Three-a is? Okay... end this post NOW.

P.S. I found shoes that I wanted, but then it turned out I didn't need them after all. I bought them and even though I didn't wear them I will keep them for the next occasion so I don't have to stress out over shoes again.

Also, for some reason, my knee hurt much worse on our trip than at home. Could the 10 degree cooler weather caused the pain? As soon as we got home, it felt better. Crazy! (But I'm glad it doesn't hurt as much.)

No comments: