Saturday, November 21, 2009

Week in review

1. I made spaghetti sauce with the new products. It needs a little more work. I knew exactly what to do with the old cans I used. I think I need 1) more paste and 2) salt. None of those tomato products had added salt. (The paste had a little, but not enough to compensate.)

2. Did I tell you I had to have two fillings replaced? I don't think I did. Anyway, the process was completed this afternoon and I'm almost not numb again. Here's a related tangent: I WISH my parents had intervened in my life in the department of food and drink more. I drank a LOT of diet coke in high school. I chewed a LOT of bubble gum. It had sugar in it. One trip to the dentist when I was like 16 turned up something like 8 cavities. Seriously. I wasn't worried about it at the time. Now, I hate it.

I really hope my girls can escape cavities. They eat healthy food, don't eat a lot of sugar, they brush well, and if I can manage to have any control over them when they are teenagers, they will NOT DRINK ANY TYPE OF COKE products. They can drink coffee or tea if they want caffeine.

3. Speaking of caffeine, I am now drinking a lot less. I just cut back to 1 cup of black tea in the morning and some green or white in the afternoon. I had caffeine withdrawal headaches this week, but I am feeling pretty good now. This is the girl who used to drink 2 cups of black tea, and 3-4 cups of coffee a day. That was my consumption rate for the last year or 2. Just to re-cap I gave it up this summer. I still can't believe I don't drink coffee any more. I don't "miss it." I like the idea of it, and have many fond memories of the taste, but I don't have any desire to drink it right now. It's crazy! I was a HARD core coffee drinker for 18 years.

4. The girls are preparing for Thanksgiving. They are going to do a play. oNe's made costumes out of paper (she's really good at that) and is writing their lines. Three-a's happy to participate, but twoK only wants to do the behind the scene's stuff--props girl.

5. Work is really busy, but I am doing better at not stressing about it. I go home and don't do much at night. MWH and I are watching some new shows on TV this season and that's helping me cut-back. We're watching "Flash Forward", "Bones", and V.

6. My back is continuing to get better and today, my right foot hasn't been numb much at all. It gets numb when I sit on a bad chair or lay down, but it used to be numb all the time. PT is very slow, but it does seem to be helping me. I am a patient patient. Slow worked for me on the diet front, and so far, it is working on the PT front. I've had to add in a lot of new exercise, but it's good for me. I'll go over that in a separate post someday.

No comments: