Wednesday, November 04, 2009

uber grumpy

I am uber grumpy tonight. I'm not going to talk about it because none of it is a huge deal... Okay, it's just little stuff that n3nny does... stuff that happens to significantly annoy me and apparently, I haven't communicated exactly how much these things annoy me, but in general, she's super.

The other thing, Mr. Toyota Corolla... IF YOU ARE MAKING A LEFT HAND TURN, YOU ACTUALLY NEED TO YIELD TO PEOPLE IN THE CROSS WALK, CARS GOING STRAIGHT, AND CARS MAKING A RIGHT HAND TURN. Honking at people and cars does not, contrary to your belief, give you the right of way. You, Mr. Toyota Corolla, need to go take a driving class.

And then there's the ice pack incident. If you come to my house, DO NOT USE MY ICE PACKS without asking. I use them ALL EVERY NIGHT. I DO NOT LIKE IT WHEN MY ICE PACKS AREN'T ICY.

Oops... guess I discussed it.



Do I seem stressed? Yea, I kind of am... I DON'T KNOW WHY.

It might be that I'm not working out enough because I'm trying to take it easy so my back will heal and my right foot will stop being numb. In PT, we're working on my back. I think, we are making progress. Progress in PT is slow. My knee continues to S-L-O-W-L-Y improve, but I have to really work on it, but not work TOO hard. Delicate balance.

The PT said it takes about 6-8 weeks to build muscle. I think we've been working on my back for 5-6 weeks or so. I probably lost a week when I had my cold. Based on how long it takes to build muscle, and how long we've been working, I'm guessing I have 3 or 4 more weeks until I feel stronger/better in my back.

I'm doing LOTS of core strengthening work. LOTS. We're doing traction on my back in PT. If I don't sit, or lay on my bed, my right foot isn't numb. I'm hoping to be able to sit and lay again soon. I'm going to NOT jump in Zumba for a week or 2 and see what happens. I won't go to Zumba tomorrow. I'll do the elliptical.

Hey, wanna know something positive? I heart the Bosu ball. As soon as my back is strong enough, I'm going to try this. It looks like fun!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I kinda like the grumpy you. I also miss you like crazy and this made me realize just how. Why do we not text/chat/write more often? I don't like it one bit. We must correct this. xo