Thursday, November 05, 2009

Just realized

I just realized that it's November, and November is traditionally (heh) Nanoblomo. My attempt to blog more again, that started on Tuesday, isn't tied to Nanoblomo. Maybe it was tied subconsciously, maybe on some level I knew that Nanoblomo was occurring, but I didn't read it on any one's blog until last night, and I didn't mean to make my attempt start in Nanoblomo season.

Okay... I'm having a hard time NOT blogging about PT. It's not about my knee though, now it's my back. I *think* my knee is pretty much back. (heh, a pun/joke...) I have a little arthritis in it, but it really doesn't hurt much. I'd barely notice it if I wasn't still thinking about it. It isn't "injured" any more. Whatever I injured, maybe my popliteus, took FOREVEH to heal, but now, I am declaring it 90% healed and 70-80% original strength.

Right now, my back FEELS pretty good, but it's weak. That's a dangerous place to be. Because it feels good, it makes one think one could go to Zumba and go crazy... But, that would be bad. That would make it take longer to heal. I'm trying to get into as good of shape as I can NOW so that when I'm older I'll be stronger and I'll be doing things correctly. I'm doing lots of Ab work. I am going to do more weights/strengthening stuff and less aerobics... I think I told you all this last night, but I have to keep reminding myself of the plan because CHANGE IS HARD.

Okay, shutting up now.

Here's a challenge... try sucking in your stomach and making it really tight 100 times a day. I try to do it in 20 "suck" increments, thus five times a day. It's harder than it sounds. If you suck/squeeze/harden your stomach so tight your eyes might pop, it takes a lot out of you. Try it.

See?

It's hard. Now do it 19 more times....

Now remember to do 20 sucks four more times today.

Here's a fun tidbit... oNe just learned how to spell Mississippi. I've been trying to get her to learn that for a year, and she had NO interest. Then she found it on a map on her own and got inspired. That's the thing about learning... It takes motivation. You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink. You can send your kids to school, but you can't make them learn.

No comments: