Friday, October 23, 2009

My friend

My friend had a stroke almost 2 years ago. She died a few days later. She never regained consciousness. She was young. She was 35. She had a little girl. The little girl was 3.

I am still sad.

My friend's husband just got remarried. I am happy for him, and I know he still misses her, but his life needs to go on.

I haven't seen him for a year and 1/2. I haven't seen her little girl for a year and 1/2. If my friend were here, we'd be discussing our experiences with our girls in kindergarten all the time. I always imagined that my friend and I would be talking about the girls and dating, the girls and applying to college, then weddings, and then of course, some day, grandbabies.

She's been gone for almost two years, and I no longer drink coffee. Life is different. I miss her.

2 comments:

Lola Granola said...

Mmm...that's a sad last line. I'm still sorry.

Anonymous said...

So sorry, sweetie. What a poignant post. ::hugs::