Friday, October 16, 2009

Fun at the doctor's office

I had my appointment with the rheumatologist today. She was a little baffled as to why I was in her office. She said, You had no symptoms to warrant the blood test for ANA. I explained my father's potential problems (lupus) and she still didn't think the blood test was warranted. I didn't ASK for the test, my doctor ordered it. I think my other doctor was being thorough. I'm sure my other doctor expected it would just be a quick blood test.

Them the rheumatologist and I discussed my past problem with TM, and she didn't think my TM was even real. Your symptoms were so mild, she said. True. But it was real. It was scary. I was TINGLY for 3 MONTHS. I forgot to tell her how EXHAUSTED I was during that time. I remember being so tired. But despite being tired, I was lucky. I didn't have a severe case. She checked the neurology department records and then she believed the TM was real. She doesn't think I have anything wrong with me. I hope she's right.

But, because the blood work showed high ANA levels she had to send me for more blood tests. I had 35.5 ml taken today. These were the vials before they were filled.




35.5 ml is a little over an ounce of blood. We're hoping that all of these follow up tests are a waste of time. We'll know more in about a week.

The best part of the appointment was probably the weigh-in before hand. Lowest weight on a doctor's scale since probably 1987-1990. I am back in high school/college* weight range.

Despite the doctor thinking I should NOT be taking up the appointment time in her office, she was very nice. We discussed kids. Her children went to the school where my oNe and twoK went to preschool and where Three-a still is. (Next year Three-a will go to the public school.) The doctor said I looked just like one of her good friends.

Did I tell you that former supervisor said I looked just like his ex-wife? It's kind of funny... When I went for my interview, I thought it went well, but it turns out, former supervisor was a little freaked 'cause I looked just like his ex-wife. Despite that, he hired me.





*I gained the freshman 15, but lost it by the time I was a sophomore... then I bounced around a little until I started dancing. I'm about at the weight I was when I graduated from college and that was a good weight!

No comments: