Tuesday, June 09, 2009

stars align

Today, I feel good. I was worried that I didn't sleep well last night, I was awake at 4:30 and didn't feel like I feel asleep deeply until the alarm went off this morning. However, I must have slept okay because I seem to have lots of energy and I feel GOOD*! (Cue James Brown--I LOVE that video!) Or do I feel good because I have just started taking another supplement--grape seed extract?

I take supplements even though scientists haven't shown positive effects. I take supplements because I think they might help slow the aging process just a teeny bit. The effect I'm hoping for is very subtle. I take supplements because I'd rather take supplements than medicines. I hope that healthy eating, exercise, good amounts of sleep, and not too much stress (yea, coming from me) will help me age gracefully. I don't think supplements can replace healthy eating, but I think they might help boost some of the effects of healthy eating.

Anyway, I don't have time to finish all my thoughts on this post, but I'm going to publish it and tell myself to come back to grape seed extract and the other supplements I take soon. (Really!)


*We had an awesome set in Zumba today and the endorphins are flowing! I am almost deliriously happy. I wish I could bottle this feeling! Woo!

No comments: