Wednesday, June 03, 2009

Marathon?

No, I'm not planning to do an actual marathon, but I'm going with the metaphor of marathon for life. You know, life is a marathon not a sprint.

The last few years, I've been sprinting. I have been getting a TEENY better about saying no to things. Not a lot, but a teeny bit. Look, at the previous entry, I took off and went to see a movie with MWH--on a school night! Woo.

I'm working on it.

Today, I got some new data.... I had my body fat tested with the "gold standard" test. They immerse you in water.



Right there in that truck.

It's pretty cool.

1) You get weighed. "Dry weight" My dry weight was the same as what it was at the gym, and that is 3 pounds lower than my home scale. I think I need a NEW home scale.
2) You wear a swim suit and you get into a big tub. It was long enough for me to lay down in it and stretch my arms out.
3) They put a weight on your back.
4) You blow all your air out and go under water. They weigh you immersed in water.
5) You do step 4 three more times and they take the best number (highest) on the weighing.

I have a very good number. I am pleased. I learned today that, based on the amount of muscle on my body, I do need to eat 2200-2500 calories a day. I somehow forgot this and started eating a bit less (300-400 less a day). I wasn't really losing weight at any different rate, but I probably was preventing my body from being the most efficient. In the last month, I've been very tired. Perhaps this is why. Last weekend, I did decide to figure out more about why I was so tired and I started research models of training. Boy, I am a geek!

Okay... I should stop blogging and go home and see little girls and NOT DO ANY MORE WORK TONIGHT. It was a busy day!

CORRECTION:
I am so confused about the number of calories I can eat. I'm not that worried about it, but I think the number of calories I need to eat to maintain my weight (without any exercise) is about 1900 a day. On Zumba days it's probably 2400-2500. That averages out to about 2100 a day.... Okay... I haven't been eating significantly too little. I've been okay. Whew!

2 comments:

Zaz said...

Ooh ooh, I did it too. Mine is only okay, not great. BUT, better than it was before. He fussed at me about losing muscle. But honestly, if losing weight of any kind makes me hurt less, I'll take it (and it did).

Zaz said...

Oh, and btw, pretty sure you get to eat a lot more than I do!