Tuesday, June 02, 2009

interlude

Tonight, MWH and I went to see the new Star Trek. We are Trekkies. The movie was good. It made me smile in the beginning. It had lots of references to the previous series for the die-hard fans and, yet, it probably wasn't too geeky for the non-believers.

But, Uhura and Spock? Really?

MWH are really glad to have finally seen Star Trek. We felt left behind a bit. Woo!

What else? I'm really busy with work. I ended up with three deliverables for the end of the month. I guess I should think of one of them due asap so that I don't get too overloaded. There's one I can make lots of progress on now and I should aim to do that. Maybe I can get time this weekend. (Hrm. What a concept.... Getting something done ahead of time.)

I can't believe how busy and stressed I am. I feel totally far behind. Perhaps it was the two trips in two weeks. Part of it is the end of school for the girls. Transitions are always hard. You can see the times I've written about transitions here.


Oh! I don't think I told you. I got to do a super fun special Zumba thing. Here, you can see me doing a little Zumba. It was way fun! I've got more to post about Zumba, nutrition, and "training," but that will have to wait until work gets a little less crazy.

Must go do at least an hour of work before bed. (UGH... Not in the mood after the movie.)

1 comment:

Colleen said...

My husband and I went to see 'Star Trek' a couple week-ends ago in honor of our 11th anniversary. Though not proclaimed Trekkies, we both enjoyed the movie a lot. I didn't think I would truly follow it, let alone enjoy it, so I was pleasantly surprised!