Friday, March 06, 2009

One thing I've learned...

Today, I got an email notification that Day out with Thomas is coming soon....er, well, in 4 months.

We went once... almost 4 years ago. I remember because I was pregnant with Three-a. It was fun, but I remember planning the day and being so excited because oNe loved Thomas. You know what, it was fun, but it wasn't life-changing. So often, parents, myself included, get all excited because they think their kid(s) need to experience a certain thing.

I'm learning that, most likely, there will be other opportunities to do X, Y, or Z and if it doesn't work out to do it this time there will probably be a next time. I'm all about new experiences and learning, but I kind of feel we do too much and make life too crazy. I want the whole world to slow down just a little.

Will we go see Thomas this year? Maybe. I didn't rush to buy my tickets yet. I'll see what happens as summer gets closer. Who knows what we'll be doing in July on the dates of Thomas. I think Three-a (and twoK and oNe) will enjoy Thomas, but not so much that we need to stress about it. What do you think?

No comments: