Thursday, March 05, 2009

PAI-Scale

I need to create the Perceived Aura Intensity Scale. Yup, that's right, I had one this morning. We were just talking about them yesterday at work. This one was not very intense. I'd give it a 2 out of 7. The one I had a month or so ago, I'd give it a 5 out of 7. My head is a little swimmy now, but not too bad. Within about 30 seconds of realizing I was having an aura, I grabbed the Migraine medicine. Maybe it helped?

The other thing, I've started taking CoQ10 to see if it might help. I am not taking very much (60 mg once a day), so perhaps I should increase how many my dosage. Perhaps, the little bit I'm taking just helped take the "edge" off of the aura. The recommended dose seems to be about 150 mg.

The potential trigger.... I have two from yesterday. 1) Emotional stress. I went to [BIG private] University yesterday and went to the place I used to go with my friend who died. I spent time thinking about her and being sad. 2) I didn't drink very much water yesterday (I forgot my water bottle) so I was slightly dehydrated.

I wish the auras would stop so I didn't have to try to determine the trigger. Go CoQ10!



Things I want to blog about:

1. an odd woman
2. my vitamins
3. more on the "mad at dad" theme
4. more about exercise and weight and instant gratification!

No comments: