Tuesday, December 09, 2008

Deep sigh

I'm not where Dad is. I wish I could be in both places at the same time. I can't. It's impossible. (I cannot change the laws of physics. --points for getting the reference.)

My Mom tried to make me feel better the other day by telling me that Dad wasn't with his Dad at the end. Dad moved away from where his parents lived.

My Mom was where her parents were her whole life. Two of my three brothers are there and stayed their whole lives. One of my brothers just left, and he's older than me. I don't know whether he'll go back or not. His wife doesn't want to go back.

My Godfather tried to make me feel better about not being there. My Godfather "gets" at a truly deep level, the need to be resilient in life. It was good to talk with him.

My Godfather and Dad share the EXACT same birthdate.

My Godfather is doing really well physically. I am thrilled, he is, but wish my Dad was too.

I feel so helpless.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

:( I can only imagine, sweetie.