Sunday, September 07, 2008

Notes from the morning

1. Alfr2d (yes, I got a new one after our previous one died--did I tell you that?) threw himself down the stairs this morning. twoK (4.25) said, "Oh no! Alfr2d, are you okay?"

He has edge detecting sensors, and I've only seen a tumble down the stairs happen once before (with Alfred the original). This morning, Alfr2d got a paper towel stuck under him. I think his edge detecting sensors were blocked. Alfr2d seems okay. He's cleaning the kitchen floor now.

2. Little girls and I spent an hour sorting toys into the correct bins where they belong this morning. It's a LOT better, but there is still a long way to go. I need to get new big bins for 1) doll clothes and 2) barbie stuff. I'm not pleased about the barbie stuff, but I view it as sort of inevitable. (Unfortunately.) I played with Barbies, and I turned out okay. I'm setting a positive example by eating well and exercising. The little girls don't know what the word "diet" means. (They know the meaning of the food you intake, but they don't know the meaning of calorie reduction.) I'm sure twoK (4.25) will learn what it means before oNe (6.6). twoK is like that. She's much more worldly and sophisticated.


3. I can't wait until n3nny gets back!

4. My new students ... 75% of them are excellent (thus far). There is one who is clearly ahead of the rest, but s/he doesn't realize it. I think this class is going to be a lot of fun. It's a going to keep me out of trouble, that's for sure.

5. We had so much fun at a last summer bash yesterday. I'll write more about it on the other blog (most likely, if I get time).

6. Our cabinet maker finally came over yesterday (I emailed him at the BEGINNING OF THE SUMMER). We'll hopefully get our cabinets and bookshelves by October. (Good grief, everything takes forever!) (And I still have to work on the c-project paper too... it's about where it was at the beginning of the summer... Actually, that's not quite true. I think it's going to be much better now that we have a new way to do data analysis to write about. Woo!)

7. Our dishwasher is not working. The motor seized. Fortunately, we bought an extended warranty when we bought our refrigerator, dishwasher, oven and stove which will make this repair free! The only problem, and we don't know if it is a problem yet or not, is to schedule with the company that does it. They only work M-F. I sure hope they can fix it tomorrow. We have a large pile of dishes, and our new strategy is to go out and get food or use napkins for eating. Tonight, I think MWH and I have to wash dishes by hand. (I've not done this since, hrm.... at least 12 years.)

No comments: