Saturday, August 09, 2008

Double S

Stressed!

In my comments, my friend Ruth said:

If you tell your box of staples story I'll tell you mine...

I want to tell you my staple story... and I will, but first, I have to become a slight bit less stressed. My Dad was admitted to the hospital last night. His infection wasn't getting better. Hopefully now, with IV antibiotics, he will get better. I don't think the hospital he is in is the best, or even that good, but hopefully they will get him better. (I am worried though... )

Last night, they put him on one IV antibiotic and I asked what the name of it was (remember, I'm FAR away). I googled. I found out the antibiotic they first chose was pretty much the worst one for him. It's got some scary side-effects (see rupturing tendons). It's not good for people over 65 (he's over 80). I called back and got my brother to go talk to the doctor. When my brother spoke to the doctor in charge, and pointed out all the reasons why my Dad shouldn't be on that particular antibiotic, she agreed that it wasn't a good choice, apologized and changed it immediately. I just have to wonder, what if we hadn't noticed? Would she have noticed? I suggest to you, "Question everything! Google! Read! Make sure you agree with treatments!"

What else? We got a new Thomas the Tank Engine helmut for T (2.95) to wear when she rides her scooter. (Note to self: Must put pictures of girls riding their scooters on the other blog. If you want access, let me know.)

At some point I'll do a post about MWH's kitty... Hopefully he's going to hold steady for a few years. MWH is in DENIAL about C-kitty's illness. I don't blame MWH. I had a CRF kitty and I cried and cried. Then I got over my denial and I did everything I could to counteract the effects of Renal Failure. At some point, AGE and illness take over. It is very sad.

I am now helping as much as I can given what I know with MWH's kitty and I'll post about it. When Beloved Kitty was so sick, MWH supported me and let me do what I felt Beloved Kitty needed. I will do the same for MWH's kitty, but C-kitty is definitely MWH's kitty (he LOVES MWH!) and I can't make all the decisions. (Beloved Kitty was MY kitty and I was HIS girl!) (Our kitties were our kitties before we met. That's why I call MWH's kitty HIS kitty. Make sense?)


MWH's Mom is still waiting for more information and will have surgery in another week.

...

And that my dear friends is why I can't do the staples post right now. I'm not just teasing you... It's not like the plastic surgeon post....

I don't think I ever told you why I went to the plastic surgeon... A few of you guessed, but I didn't share why. I meant to, but then life got crazy--heh, crazier than usual. Anyway, I went to the plastic surgeon to have a mole removed. I was worried about it and I wanted it OFF and I wanted them to analyze it. They did. It was fine. I had the doctor GIVE me a scar for piece of mind. (Sort of the opposite of why people go to a plastic surgeon, but that's just me. Call me "opposite girl.")

I have a funny post started about the whole experience, but I doubt I'll ever find the right tone to finish it. Maybe I'll try later... Or not. I'll do the staples post before I go back and try to tackle the plastic surgeon post. There you go.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awww, thinking about your Dad. Good catch, btw. Scary the things so-called professionals can miss. Sigh.

Colleen said...

Sending positive thoughts and prayers your way!! I haven't been able to read many blogs lately, but now I'm back!