Monday, August 11, 2008

Swirly Documentation

Lots of thoughts swirling around...

First, even though sometimes I am stressed out by my job, or working, I must document that the structure of work helps me. I'll expand on this later, maybe.

Also, work related, they got me a charger for my computer at work! This may not seem that exciting, but it is! I don't have to remember to bring mine (I kept forgetting it). And! I'm not limited to only 2 hours or as long as my battery has a charge. It's the little things.

And still more work related... There are some more changes at work... Another colleague is leaving. It's okay. This colleague, is, um, a really nice person, but kind of sucking the energy out of me and my favorite colleague (TM). She and I are both a little relieved. We'll miss the other colleague, but when someone takes more energy than they should, it is hard to be around them. You know?

What else... As I prepare for my new class, I'm recharging and working hard to find a new niche for myself. I hope I can do it. I am worried I can't. I am working to find confidence more than anything. If I don't try, I'll never know. Did I mention that MWH is amazingly the best because he has been encouraging me to figure things out and he's being so supportive? I am very-very-very-very lucky. Thank you MWH.



Update on my Dad

He's probably getting released from the hospital soon. He needs to do some physical therapy, but my family and I think he can do it and get stronger. I think what we need is buy-in from him. He sort of wants to get a wheelchair and have people stop bugging him about walking. He has pain, and I don't know how bad it is, but my feeling is that if he takes a wheelchair, he's going to lose even more ability. It is sad because I don't know how to encourage him. I don't want him to not work hard. I know he's not a spring chicken, but I hope he wants to try. My Mom, she is feisty. She makes me proud. She has had so many health issues and has worked really hard to recover. She hasn't given up. She's a fighter. I want my Dad to fight a bit more. He says he wants to make it to 100, but I don't think he will if he takes a wheelchair now.




To end on an upbeat note... Today, I discovered a preference in my Calendar Software that I <3! I keep a To-Do list in the calendar. I can "cross things off" and then they stay there. My To-Do list was getting really hard to read because ALL I've done and crossed off just sits there. I discovered that I can now "cross it off" and then have it "hide" after X days. (I set X to 4.) Now, I get the satisfaction of seeing things crossed off, but also having a To-Do list be readable because the completed things "hide." It's also nice because I can unhide them if I want to see HOW many things I've gotten done, and then hide them again when I'm done feeling good about my accomplishments!

Woo! Go iCal. The software is working for me!

I could talk more about Zumba too, but I'll just document that I'm always talking about it. I talk about it, and do little steps at home so much that K (4) has been telling me, "I wish they had a Kids Zumba class!" Me too!

No comments: