Monday, June 30, 2008

weather

I usually only record when we're having heat waves. I fail to discuss the beautiful weather. We actually have a LOT of beautiful weather where I live. This area has my favorite kind of weather. Some people say they like "having seasons," and that our area doesn't have distinct enough seasons. I grew up with seasons and they seem a little over rated to me. I don't like really cold weather or really hot weather. To me, we have enough difference in the weather, throughout the year, to make me feel like we have seasons.

Right now, it's high 70s in the day and low 60s at night. I love this weather. Some people might find it a little cool, for a summer, but to me, with all my numbness that is exacerbated in the heat, it's heavenly! It's forecast to be in the 70s all week this week!

It's funny... I was writing this post when my friend (PS) called and asked what we're doing for the fourth. (It's now many hours later and I'm still writing.) If it were really warm, we'd go to their house and swim, but it's going to be cool, so we won't swim at their house. We decided to hang out here and have our favorite steak. Now, this week, before Friday, I need to power-wash the decks and paint a table.

(I have one I want to use outside, but it needs to be painted. MWH and I just started sanding and priming--go us! We figure it will take primer on both sides, then paint on both sides and then at least a second coat on the top. We'll see if it needs more.)




In addition to the wonderful weather, it was a lovely day because I got to hang with MWH (alone) today. Our summer schedule with N3nny includes having her come on 3 Sundays to hang with the girls. MWH and I will get some Sunday date afternoons. Woo-hoo!

This afternoon was low-key. MWH and I just went to lunch and then went to buy workout shoes. It's nice to be able to hang and talk with him without 3 little girls vying for our attention. We both ate SO MUCH food for lunch. I had these lovely prawns with Honey Roasted Walnuts. MMMM...Except, I'm still so full (at midnight and we ate around 1 pm).




There was something else... I was all set to write about it and then I forgot what I was going to say... How embarrassing.

[whistling]

Has any one seen Wall*E? Maybe next weekend we'll take the girls.




Ah, I remember, I was going to write about my back. It's definitely feeling better. Not all the way better, maybe 85%, but much better. I still don't like sitting very much, but I feel pretty darn good moving around. I'd say yesterday it was about 70%. (I'd say at 50% I can't do anything except lay in bed and moan.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ahhh, Sunday dates sound really lovely. Guy and I have been stealing away for a quick errand here and there when we can manage it. We'll take what we can get!

I took the girls to see Wall-E on Friday. They seemed to like it. Anna was up and about so I didn't get to see it in its entirety. I didn't mind missing the movie. Is that some new sort of rating I've invented? If I don't mind missing parts of a movie to chase Anna around then maybe it's the equivalent of 2 or 3 stars? lol