Monday, March 31, 2008

TIRED

[Start Boring Post]

I started several additional posts yesterday, but I was tired. I couldn't seem to think. Newkitty and all the commotion got me up too early. After you get used to a certain amount of sleep, less than that amount is very painful. Have you noticed that or is it just me being wimpy?

Anyway all of the additional posts yesterday discussed how tired I was and how I was getting my carpets cleaned. I didn't post them because I realized you all might NOT care about the amount of dirt in my carpet. Today, I have clean carpets and am still tired, but less tired than yesterday. However, I have this weird allergy-headache thing. I'm not surprised as it is spring 'round these parts and everything is bursting with pollen. (It's been spring for about a month over here and it's more and more pollen-bursty everyday.)

Spring break is over and I am looking forward to the end of the school year. I spoke to someone else who works with me and also teaches where I teach; she has many of the same issues that I do with her students. I don't think it's me or her, I think it's the students. I think it's really sad how little they want to learn. Some of them do want to learn. Learning is hard, but it's fun and it makes life more interesting....At least that's my perspective. I want to find a place to teach where I can be with people who want to learn. MWH jokes that I just want graduate students, and in a way, he's right.

I will end this semester working to create new methods for instructors to help students learn more and for instructors to use so they can grade less. It doesn't do me any good to write the same comment on pretty much everyone's paper and have them NOT read the comment. I am working to create a process so they can create the answers, and then grade their own papers (with my facilitation). I'll let you know how it goes. (In case you were wondering, I don't plan to teach in the fall. I'm tired.)

[END BORING POST]

3 comments:

RUTH said...

I am with you on that sleep thing. The night before last I slept very restlessly and got up lots of times (for stupid reasons like dreaming the doorbell rang at 2am). Yesterday I felt low, like I was coming down with a cold, and my foot and knee hurt. Last night I slept well and today is sooo much better.

Anonymous said...

It seems like you are very good instructor; I finished my undergrad degree 2 years ago and I hoped that just some of my instructors put half the effort that you put in. I am in a professional Master's and I think there is still people that don't want to learn. I think that porportion is different

Anonymous said...

You're not being wimpy. More than ever I'm learning how essential sleep is. I must be getting old! (heh)