Friday, November 02, 2007

Groove

This fall hasn't been necessarily easy. Having N start kindergarten was exciting, but a bigger adjustment than I was expecting. Having MP walk out was difficult. Losing my friend is the hardest. All I ever wanted was to have a schedule and to get into a groove. Apparently, I am asking for too much.



It's not been all gloom this week. My friend would have wanted me to have fun and remember the good things too. She would say, "C'mon JK, stop mourning me already." She was very practical. I miss her. I will keep mourning her, but I will also make sure I enjoy life--she'd want me to be happy.


1. Halloween. The girls loved trick-or-treating! T (2) was really good. She'd say TRICK-OR-TREAT in a nice loud voice, and then thank you (unprompted) when she got the candy!

We hung with our neighbors on Sunday and carved pumpkins. On the night of Halloween, we had them over for pizza and went trick-or-treating with them. Very nice. I'm hoping we can make this a tradition!

2. Jake. Except for when he cried all night and contributed to my inability to sleep. The good thing... I learned I want a lab-mix, not a full-lab when we get a dog. (I'd always ranked black labrador high on the list... Jake caused the ranking to go down a bit. He had so. much. energy.)

3. N3nny. She is a trooper and really, really sweet. Can you imagine having to put up with me this week? Really, I'm not bad, but just not motivated and very sad.

4. The girls. K's(3.5) got a boyfriend... She got dressed up for him, and then he wasn't in class today. She's been in a serious funk all day today. T (2) has one too... Only the boy has the thing for T. T could take him or leave him. (See #6 about N!)

5. Gymnastics. I just love going with the girls! K (3.5) wouldn't do class because her boyfriend wasn't there. She sat and watched. The teacher had to deal with her funk. (I'm so glad I didn't!)

6. Tooth fairy. She will be coming again tonight! N (5.75) lost her second tooth today! This is fun!

7. New project. At work, I'll be doing some fun, new stuff. I get to work with a friend I haven't worked with for a year (or so). She's smart and funny. I was in her office on Thursday and she said the f-word (doesn't offend me) more times than I could count. It was fun to be in her office again.

8. Fruit shakes with peas in them. K (3.5) has been very resistant to vegetables lately. I haven't gotten her to eat peas forever. Tonight, shhhhh, she's drinking some!

9. My A*%. My friend told me my a*% looked small in the jeans I was wearing. I could have kissed her. Heh.

10. Pregnant. No, not me!!!!!!!! A good friend is pregnant!!!!! YIPPEEE!!!!!!! It's the circle of life.

1 comment:

Colleen said...

JK--
I just read about your friend on your other blog. How tragic! I am sooo, sooo sorry for your loss. I can't imagine how sad you are right now.

Colleen