Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Recovery...

Today was so much better than yesterday. First, no Dragon Lady. She's at the place where I teach, not where I work*. Second, I went to where I work. I like it there. I hadn't been there for about 3 weeks.... I am very lucky to have two colleagues who are also two of my favorite people at work. Many people are not as lucky. Many people have Dragon Lady as a colleague.

Third n3nny came. We do like n3nny. She seems sweet, smart, cute, and like a breath of fresh air. Fourth, for the moment, I think when n3nny has been here for a while, we will have a schedule that is good. One that lets me work some during daylight hours and still see my kids. With MP, we had too much nanny. Now, for at least the next 9 months (until summer) we (hopefully) will have a good amount.

Fifth, T (2) and I are are snuggling while I type this and she watches a Diego episode. She still LOVES Elmo, but Diego is quickly beoming a new favorite. (We got her an Elmo costume... Did I tell you that? She loves it. She wore it one whole day. She refused to take it off for her nap nor dinner.) N (5.75) is creating dinosaurs out of construction paper (she is really an artist) and K is dressed as a princess trying to write the word PALACE on a piece of paper. I love it.

I need to get some more coffee/caffeine. Not having a nanny for 4 weeks caused me to increase my coffee consumption. I need to work on cutting back a little.






*I'm not sure if it's clear that I have one 1/2 time job, and I also teach one class at a University. Yes, I am insane. 3 kids and two part-time jobs is not something a sane person would do. I am trying to transition to a life that makes more sense, but change is hard. The fact that MP left with no notice didn't help the situation.

No comments: