Monday, October 15, 2007

Dragon Lady

I met a woman today who will be referred to henceforth as Dragon Lady (DL).

The first moment of our interaction went something like this...

ME: Oh, you're DL?
DL: Yes.

ME: I'm JK....
DL: Nodding...
ME: I was hoping I could talk with you sometime about ________. I am having difficulty integrating it, and I know you use it.
DL: Flames errupting from her mouth .... YOU MUST USE ________.

It went downhill from there. Me thinks she was a bit defensive about ________. She didn't actually offer any helpful advice about ________. She basically just kept repeating that I must use it and that I needed to figure it out on my own. I wanted to ask if she'd heard of collegial support, but I was scared of the fire.

I'd write more about her, but I am still recovering from my burns. I am hoping to never have to speak with her again. Even if I can avoid her, the interaction with her took away a little piece of me that used to have hope. Now my beliefs are a little darker. Seriously, because of her. Her reaction was really not pleasant, completely out of line, and not helpful.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Did she have dragon breath?