Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Adjusting...

3 weeks in to the school year (oh-my-gosh, how is that possible????) I finally feel like we're adjusting a bit. My class is adjusting to me a bit too. They are starting to laugh at my sarcasm and some of the outrageous things I say. They are trusting me a little more that we'll make it through this semester. Someday I'll write about all of the crazy things I have in the syllabus for the class, but not tonight. I am so enjoying teaching in the technology classroom. It is really great.

[One random thing I do want to note: I told one of the (only 2) guys in my class that my class might help him impress women. (In context it was pretty funny and he laughed. Heh.)]

So we're slowly adjusting... N (5.5) started her gymnastics session this morning. K (3) & T (2) start on Friday.

I've almost got more to write about work and my identity, but not quite. It's still settling. I'm feeling better than I expected I would about all of the changes. Last Friday I was kind of down, but this week, I'm feeling better. I do think that having me slow dow a bit makes a lot of sense for the whole family. Tonight, I took the little girls out all by myself. We didn't do much, but they had fun and so did I. I want to be able to do more things with them. I don't want to be so busy that I can't enjoy them!

Tomorrow I go to my regular job (not local state university) and I imagine I'll be a little sad after going. I love it there, but right now, there really aren't a lot of projects for me and my expertise. It's kind of sad to realize that at the moment, I don't have a lot of things I love over there. A couple of projects, but not like 2 years ago...

It's okay though... I want to take on writing a grant for one project--something really interesting to me and most likely something that the place we work will be interested in having us do. Before we do that, I need time with my supervisor and he's SWAMPED right now. He'll be less busy fairly soon and then we'll figure things out. Onward.

2 comments:

RUTH said...

It is 6am and I'm trying to think of a clever way to say that this post has a repetition problem and all my thoughts are half formed and stagger along endlessly. Deja vu or that think that DJs do perhaps.

JK said...

Heh. I had some problems saving last night with blogger... Apparently, the saves were happening... I think I fixed the Deja vu problem. :-)

If you missed it, the post was up there twice in one entry...in a sort of jumbled way. Hopefully all better now.