Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Why I am not a writer...

I document, and I don't write. I have a hard time recording somethings because I self-censor. I am having an issue I'd like to blog about on one of my projects, but I can't commit to putting it down on e-paper, not because I don't think it would be useful, but because I don't want it around for that person to find.

I am having an identity crisis, but I can't put that down because what if someone I don't want to know figures out that this blog is MINE. I have friends with some interesting things (some good and some bad) going on, but I can't write about any of them because those aren't my stories.... When my girls are older, I won't feel comfortable writing about their stories either.

Sigh.

Maybe I ought to give it up now?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't necessarily give up the blog. Perhaps just take a break or only blog about your girls for now. If you do decide to give up the blog, definitely keep updating information in a blog-like forum on your personal computer. Your girls will appreciate it when they are older!
- Amelia

Anonymous said...

DON'T. YOU. DARE. (quit)

I think as bloggers, we all face this. Some of us more than others because we're stupid enough to use our FULL NAMES AND THAT OF OUR CHILDREN FOR THE WORLD TO SEE. ahem

Keep a written journal for those types of entries. Or email a friend! (hint, hint)

Then, document the rest here.

xxoo

RUTH said...

I'd be disappointed if you gave it up. Probably your blog is sufficiently obscure that it won't be found by the wrong person unless they are seriously stalking you and then they get what they deserve.