Monday, April 23, 2007

Snippets...

Today was not the best day. I had a post up earlier that you may have seen and I took it down. Unposting.... It wasn't that bad of a post or day... but I didn't want to leave it up.

But really, how bad can it be when your 5-year old is teaching your 2.9-year old to sing Christmas Carols. Heh. (That's what is coming through the monitor from the little girls' room..... Go to sleep! It's late!)

So anyway, the day started off with one of our house guests (not my parents) tormenting K (2.9) until she became SGR girl. I knew when I was leaving to take A (the evil house guest) to the airport that there was a good chance that K would throw up. I was fuming mad.

A didn't understand why I was so mad. I tried to explain, she got a little mad, but I was so fuming mad that I didn't care that I made her mad. You make my children scream, I'm going to get angry at you. Don't be indignant about it or I will just get angrier.

A is 27 and rather egocentric--so much so that she makes K look caring, giving and able to take on other points of view. Anyway, A really really really really upset me. She had no clue what she was doing, but that was because she hadn't listened to anything I had said. All she wanted to do the entire time she was visiting, was agonize over this guy liked her or not. She barely said anything else to us. She spent a lot of time on the phone with other friends discussing the guy and the situation and then a great deal of time reading. I'm not sure why she bothered to come visit.

Okay... didn't mean to go off again.... This entry may end up edited.

So the day starts with A upseting me so much that it throws me off all day. I was almost late to class. I didn't get lunch before class (hell, I didn't even get breakfast). I was starving and after class I had to photocopy something. I was hurrying so I could go eat and then I forgot one of my bags in the photocopy room and another in my office. I realized this after I get home...

I was so worried about my bags that I had to waste an hour of my life going back to get them (one had my digital camera and I want to make sure I didn't lose it). The only good thing was N (5) agreed to go with me to the University to find my camera. It helped a lot because she was fun to talk to and she made me a carpool! Then we had fun running around the campus to my building. N walked by vending machines and said, "I'm hungry." It was so funny the way she said it. It was so funny that I got her some cookies out of the vending machine.

N's back to being a puppy. As we walked back to my car after retrieving the camera she chased squirrels up trees. Literally. My little girl treeing squirrels. I was cracking up.

Then I came home and cooked dinner for my parents. I like cooking for people, but cooking for "company" is different than cooking for your family. I'm looking forward to normal dinners and less pressure!

But then there is the guilt. My parents leave tomorrow and when they do, I always feel I should have done more, but I really can't do any more. I don't have any left to give. I think my parents wish I had some problems I would discuss with them. Like A. A is always telling them some amusing story and asking for advice. They love A. In my Dad's words... "She's a good kid." I had to get a little mad at them for not stopping A from tormenting my children. Just because you are related to someone does not give you the right to torment them. Mary Poppins called her "useless" and I must say I agree.

Okay... I'm trying to let go of it, but ....MWH is bringing me ice cream... Yay. I'll stop now.

3 comments:

Mrs. CP said...

Hmm, I remember spending a lot of time at your place on the phone...and it was all about a boy too! Heehee. But I was only 22 so it's ok, right? :-) I'm sorry A was a pain...I can't imagine what she was doing to poor K or why. I'm sorry you had a tough day, but I'm glad it ended in ice cream! Hope today is a better day for you (and K!). We're headed to a cheese farm this morning to learn how to make cheese. A gets to milk a cow. Wooo. Or should I say, moooo?

Anonymous said...

Oh dear, A sounds like a piece of work. I think we've all been there with the annoying relatives. As KH said, glad it ended in ice cream!

RUTH said...

A is for Aaargh.