Sunday, August 13, 2006

SGR Girl strikes again!

It's been a while. I was hopeful that she'd out grown it... Back in June she had one day when she was crying and crying and didn't manage to make herself throw up. I was so happy. You could tell she wanted to throw up. She was really screaming because she didn't want to take a bath, but she had just given herself a "dirt bath" outside and we had to go to a wedding so she needed a bath. You could tell she wanted that little gag thing to happen as she was screaming and she was kind of disappointed when it didn't.

About a week or two later, NB was trying to get K to go down for a nap and I was home. I kept trying to get NB to let me take K, but she kept saying it was okay. I didn't want to intervene too much, and I thought K had outgrown the gag reflex, but she hadn't. NB jumped out of the way just in time.

This cough, it's a bad one. It's almost made me lose my cookies a couple of times and I'm not SGR* Girl. She threw up a little on Thursday night. Not a lot, and I was willing to overlook it and not mention it because it wasn't that bad. We had to change our sheets, but not a big deal. It didn't happen Friday or Saturday and I was relieved. This morning, she nursed and then she sat up and coughed and she became projectile SGR Girl. She nursed a LOT. Gallons was what MWH said it looked like. She was pretty calm about it. Right after it happened she looked at me and said, "I want to take a bath." Smart girl.




*SGR Girl = Sensitive Gag Reflex Girl

No comments: