Thursday, April 05, 2007

sex and beer*

That got your attention, didn't it?

Recently, in my class, I first covered a topic that put my students to sleep. It's a topic that's near and dear to my heart. What I study. Apparently it's not that interesting to undergrads.

The next topic was related to the development of sexual identity. I said the word "sex" in class and literally all of my students woke up, sat up straight, and started taking notes. I am not kidding.

The secret to keeping college students awake....talk about sex. I figure discussing beer will be good when we finish talking about sex. They ought to be interested in that too.

*If a google search for the words in the title brought you here, you're sure to be very disappointed. Close your browser and look no further.

No comments: