Sunday, April 15, 2007

Gosh darn it.

Months ago, MWH and I planned to go away and have a night to ourselves. We finally lined it all up, got our favorite college students booked to spend the night with the girls, and everything was set. It's not easy with 3!

And then, I came down with a cold. Friday, I was still optimistic that we could go away for the night. Saturday morning, I was feeling worse, but still hopeful.... By mid-afternoon Saturday, I cancelled the hotel and decided I could handle going out to dinner, but that I would prefer to come home to my own bed.

We did manage dinner. We went around 6 and we were home by about 8:30. How pathetic is that? We snuck in upstairs and the girls were downstairs. We had the college students stay with the girls and put them to bed. The girls went down surprisingly well by 9:30 pm. Unfortunately, I felt worse and worse all night. I didn't know how bad the cold was going to get.

I started using the wonder drug on Friday night and it helped, but after dinner Saturday night I feared that this cold would be too much for even Afrin. Fortunately Afrin did let me get a full night's sleep last night. Today, Sunday, I have taken sudafed, ibuprofen, lots of caffeine, and sniffed Afrin. I feel like I've turned the corner with this cold and maybe I'll recover. Last night, I wasn't sure I would ever recover. I was a sniffling, sneezing, coughing mess.

I am so bummed that MWH and I didn't get a night away, but we had a nice dinner (yummy Italian! and we didn't have to chase little girls during it), looked at new televisions, and bought a new phone for the kitchen. Then we went home and surfed the web while sitting on our comfy bed. I was too sick to even blog. That's sick!

1 comment:

RUTH said...

That seems so unfair! I hope you get a rematch.