Thursday, March 15, 2007

Trying to feel better

I don't like being in a funk. I need to go get some coffee. That will help pull me out of this funk too.

Two other good things...

1. A friend is coming to visit! I haven't seen her since February 2005. Yippee! She'll come in May.

2. I spoke with a colleague. He's a new colleague. He's done some work in the area I work in, but he's more on the evaluation side and I'm more on the training side. It turns out that we both went and worked with the same people in a state that is far away from here. Totally wild. He worked with them years after I did. It was fun to share stories.

It turns out that "that project" (we'll call them the sandwich project because they had BLT in their name) actually ended up doing some phenomenal things after I worked with them (note, I'm not taking credit for their success, but just documenting that they did succeed). When I trained them, I saw some glimmers there and I did see some activity after the training, but I didn't know how it would end.

It's nice to know that they worked hard and were pretty darn successful. In addition, in the story my colleague told me, there was even an indictment of one of the higher-ups since he was embezzling. Who knew?!

Okay... must run for coffee.

No comments: