Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Really really really tired

Yup... at least 3 times as tired as normal.

I'm still recovering from my bout with bronchitis.... I'm feeling better. MWH can even hug me a little now (see post below from yesterday about how he couldn't because it hurt too much). However, I'm just exhausted... Here's why:

In which I drone on about the Lit Review
Remember my deadline of last Tuesday for the lit review? Well, on Tuesday it was decided we should all do 2 more things in our reviews... and then they extended the deadline. And then I suggested we make sure we've found all the articles in one area by going through a meta-analysis I read about. So I was tasked with that. And I found 2 more articles.

And then the deadline got extended a bit more because of the additional work... And then I got sick.... And then I was useless to do real work... and then I had to work really really fast yesterday to finish up in time for last night's new deadline... And I finished all but one article... I did everything. And then I had to stop and send off all but one article... And now, sometime within the next few hours/day I need to read that last article and send off the review info... or maybe not... I'm not sure. I need to check with the leader of the project. I hope I'm done, but I fear I'm not.

And then there is stress
We have some big things going on that I can't even blog about.... I cried today. I got so frickin' overwhelmed by it all that I cried. I don't mean to keep you in the dark, but if you know me in real life, and you call me, you'll hear all about the problems. These problems are work-related. MWH and little girls are wonderful as usual (and getting healthier even!).

And then my class
I have a new assignment to grade, and I promised the annoying buggers students that I'd calculate their grades before the midterm for them. Gah. In all fairness, I have all these online assignments that they have to complete and they are a little confused about what they have and haven't done and what they need to do. By giving them their grades they will know exactly where they stand.

Another project I do
A friend and I are going to give a talk somewhere in April. It's going to be fun and good for us to do this! I plan to work on this on the days I take off.... (see below!)

The good news
I'm going to take the rest of the week off work.... I have 160 hours of vacation accrued. I should use some of it. I deserve it. I'm going to email the Lit Review person and find out if I need to do anything else right now or if we can talk after Monday. I'm going to try sleep, recover the rest of the way from this illness, hang with my little girls, and catch up on things.... Maybe even do one of the new memes I've seen on different blogs.... What fun!


Note: You can tell I'm tired when I resort to using ... everywhere. Sorry... I'm exhausted.

1 comment:

Mrs. CP said...

Yay, I'm SO glad you are taking the week off! You do deserve it. HUGS to you. Hope that bronchitis hits the road very soon and you get lots of rest.