Sunday, February 25, 2007

Weekend Rambling........

Yesterday I spent a lot of time with a lot of articles for work.... My head was spinning. I did get everything done--about 300 pages skimmed and a brief report on them just to say which of the articles could stay and which could go--that I wanted to do yesterday though, so yay me!


***********

I also organized in the kitchen some... There were 2 counters that I hadn't really seen since we moved in (2 months ago!). Organized I am NOT.

I have to say that the kitchen looks much better. I also have to say, no matter how many cabinets you have, it is true, you can NEVER have enough. Nevermind that big pile that I moved off the counters and still need to go through!

Now we just need to get our new table for the kitchen. (I don't think I've mentioned how much I really dislike the current one, but I really don't like it.)


***********

Today, we're taking 3 little girls to see Disney on Ice. It should be fun. K (2.75) and N (5) are so excited. They tried getting us up at 8 am. I went in their room and told them if they got us up early there would be no ice show. They asked when they could get up. I said when we came to get them. I went back to bed not expecting to get any more sleep.... but surprise, we just got up! It was 10 am! Yea, you should probably hate me a little for that, huh? 3 kids and sleeping until 10? It doesn't happen very often though!

The negative thing is that Miss T (18 months), my usually excellent sleeper, has been sleeping poorly. I'm thinking it's the dreaded 18 month sleep regression. I'm not averse to CIO when the baby is over 6 months, so at 18 months she gets to deal with it herself. For an hour... from 6-7 am in the morning.

She doesn't cry the whole time. If she cries a lot, I go and open her door and "sniff" to make sure she's not poopy. If she's not, she sorts it out herself. If she got up then, NO ONE WOULD BE HAPPY.

I was awake from 6-7 this morning listening to her cry. She just says, "All Done" and then cries a bit... Sometimes she screams. Then she stops... then she does it again. Then around 6:30 or 7 she falls back asleep.

It's now 10:30... she's still asleep. As I said, no one would have been happy if she got up at 6... not even her! Not really.

3 comments:

Mrs. CP said...

Have fun at the ice show!

Does T sleep in the same room as her sisters or is she still her in own room for now? I know you want them to all share eventually, but wasn't sure if you'd made the switch yet.

RUTH said...

I really hate making the decisions around when to let them cry and when to go in. I hate listening to them cry, I hate feeling that my actions are making it more likely they'll cry again, I hate going in and feeling trapped.

I hope that you find it easier and if you don't I really sympathise.

Anonymous said...

I was up at 5:30 this morning. I don't like you. I've actually never really liked you. The past 24 years (my god, I had to go back and do the math on that one several times) have been a sham.