Sunday, February 25, 2007

Not too much longer...

It's not going to be too much longer and T (18 months) will just be talking. She won't be in the throes of language acquisition where she is now. I so love this stage. Before I had kids, I figured babies would be nice and snuggly, and kids (3+) would be FUN. Now, I really really really really like the toddler crowd too. They are just adorable as they become little people. I always thought language acquisition was fun to study, but watching it in your own kid(s) is much much much better!

This weekend, these are the new words and phrases T said,

J1 (one of our babysitter's names)
Steven (a friend's son)
Oven
"My That" (She wanted my collander in the kitchen. She pointed to it and said, "MY THAT.")
She had her baby doll slide down the stairs and she said "Wheeeee!" (She's putting words in her baby's mouth already!)
Open that (when K went into a big box to hide, that's what T said pointing at the box)
Wow that (when she saw something she liked at the ice show)


I just enrolled her in her first gymnastics class... K and N both take gymnastics and love it. T will be starting in April.

1 comment:

Cat, Galloping said...

it really is a blast watching language develop. i'm so excited to see spanish come in along with english. turns out only the nanny was teaching the poor kid numbers. ahem. both are far outpaced by the sign language, though. it's just so fascinating to watch. *love* this stage! (love 'em all, honestly.)