Monday, February 26, 2007

Typical Monday....

It's cold and rainy and my mood matches the weather. No reason for the bad mood... Not really trying to let my mood show, but it's there. I want to get under the covers and watch Buffy.

I went to my class today and my students.... Oh my students.... They are typical undergraduates...

But I stop myself from digressing....

My little students just don't know about how cold and cruel the world can be. And how hard it can be... And how challenges can be fun....

But here I am stopping myself from digressing again.

There's a dog... She's probably still a puppy actually... She lives in a house nearby...She's always running around. It's raining and she's trying to get in my garage to stay dry. I am worried about her. I can't believe that someone would get a dog and not provide adequate shelter. She is a little skittish. I keep trying to talk to her, but she runs. I worry about her.

Mondays are really no fun sometimes... I had so much fun with the little girls over the weekend. I miss them today. If my class had been better today (the students not being typical undergrads) I'd be in a better mood and not feeling like the class was wasting my time and pulling me away for my little girls.... I'm sure Wednesday will be better.

Yesterday, Disney on Ice was fun... It was hard juggling 3 little girls, but fun still. We didn't know whether T (18 months) would like it or not. She doesn't like to watch TV. We didn't know whether she would like a live-show. She was restless at first, but then she got into the show and the event. She clapped and she seemed to "get it" and be enjoying it by the end. K (2.75) really enjoyed it. She loves live shows and social events. N (5) was wonderful and we knew she'd like it.

As we were leaving the show, there was a little girl who was crying and crying. K (2.75) asked me why she was crying and I said, I didn't know, but she sure was sad. As we walked by, we overheard the Mom say, "It's hard leaving your friend, isn't it?" We watched the little girl hug her friend (same age) and say goodbye....

When we were away, I explained to K that she was sad that she had to leave her friend and that's why she was crying. We then had a discussion on sisters and how they are your friends and you always get to hang with them. I have siblings, but they are much older than me, and I totally understood that little girl's pain. I was always sad when I had to leave friends and parties and etc. I wanted a sibling my age.

No comments: