Friday, January 12, 2007

Snippets X 3

N (5!) has recently become aware of mortality. Recently, she got a "baby balloon" ('cause it was kind of little) from the grocery store. She was sitting in her car seat holding a conversation with it on our drive home. (N was being both N and the baby balloon (BB).)


N: You'll grow up soon baby balloon.
BB: I'll get bigger?
N: Yes, soon you'll be 1 week, then 2, then 3.
BB: I can't wait to have my birthday party
N: Yes, then you'll get older.
BB: I don't want to get older and die.
N: Don't worry, you won't die, you'll pop.


****************************

K (2.5) is our little social butterfly. The other night she was talking to her Grandma on the phone. She was telling Grandma about something and Grandma was asking lots of questions. Finally, there was a pause. Miss K said, "And how are you Grandma?"

K, N and MWH were reading books in K and N's bedroom. I was sitting on the couch doing something (probably blogging) and K came out and said, "Mommy, we're reading books, won't you come join us?"

Did I tell you K knows how to spell her name? I have her spelling it on video. I might stick it on the web and if you want to see it, let me know your email address (if I don't have it.) (Don't worry, I'll delete comments with email addresses in them.)

****************************

This next one is a little hard to believe, but both Mary Poppins and I heard it and were shocked! We both really think T said this.


Background: In our new house, we have a garbage compactor. T (16.5 months) has figured out how to turn it on. She likes doing this. She does her little "happy T dance" when she does it. The other morning she turned it on and Mary Poppins was asking her about whether she should.


MP: Who said you could turn that on?
T: I said.
MP: Oh you did?
T: I did.
MP: Get over here you little rascal.
T: [runs off laughing]

2 comments:

RUTH said...

My K talks about death quite a lot. She asks if bugs are dead and immobile animals at the zoo. We've told her that people die when they are very, very old or very, very sick. Sometimes, if she's told someone is sick she asks 'will they die?' I expect one day someone will say 'I'm very, very old' to K and she'll say 'when are you going to die?'

Mrs. CP said...

A has also become aware of mortality recently. She was asking R if he was going to die and then clung to him tightly saying, "I don't want you to die." I love N's "you'll pop" comment. Too funny!

We have to get K and N together someday. They sound so much alike! N is our social butterfly too. I'd love to see the video Kira.

Go T go! I think she is growing up the fastest of them all! :-)