Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Slow and steady?

Since the end of July, I've been stuck at the same weight... 1X5.5. Totally and completely STUCK. Seriously. The scale has barely fluctuated...

It's been a little depressing, but I'm mostly not thinking about it. (My best mental health tip for happiness is to be too busy to think about things!) I KNOW that my body won't lose all the weight until I stop breastfeeding... Perhaps I could starve myself and lose some weight, but that just doesn't seem healthy to me.

I think K (32 months) is weaning so I think the demands on my body (in terms of milk production) are lessening. I think I am finally losing a bit of weight. Tonight, at the gym, my weight was 1X4. That's 1.5 pounds lighter!

We'll see if it stays there. If it does stay there, then I'm about 6 pounds away from the weight I was before kids. I am making progress because one year ago, I was about 12 pounds away from my pre-kids weight. (Yea, that's only a loss of one-half pound a month, but that's SIGNIFICANTLY better than gaining weight!)

I don't like to diet. I'm thrilled that I am eating normally (with treats) and losing weight. I do like to work out and I am very active. If I could find time to sneak in another work out a week, I'd probably be able to lose weight a little faster, but given my work insanity and this class that I'm now teaching, I don't think it's possible. Maybe I should try to get to campus about 10 or 15 minutes earlier and walk around outside for that time. It wouldn't be a "work out" but it would be a nice walk... (hmmmmm....)

No comments: