Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Qualitative changes

Miss K is changing. Qualitatively. (I do love that word.) Oh, let me count the ways Miss K is changing....

Miss K has NEVER liked doing the warm-up and stretches in her gymnastics class (wonder where she gets that... I always skip those in my aerobics class). Usually I would just go to her class late because if we got there on time I'd have to physically hold her back from running off to the fun obstacle course part of the gym. Today, she told me she was going to be really good and do everything Teacher G___ told her to do--even the bear walks and the butterfly stretches.

By golly, by gum, she did. She was really on task the whole time in class. She worked really hard. She concentrated. She even walked across a balance beam that was sloped up at a slight angle ALL BY HERSELF.

Wowza. She's getting close to being a really nice 3-year old! She's becoming a good listener for the most part.... She's doing a pretty good job sleeping... and we've got weaning action going on... (Have I written about that? I know I've started many a post about it, but I don't think I've published one yet.) And then there is the potty-training... (Woo-double-hoo!)

Almost three (32 months) is such a fun age.

She's getting tall and lean... Losing all the baby-chub. I am thrilled watching her grow, but sad that she's not my baby K anymore.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ooh, gymnastics! Sometimes I think the warm up is really just to stretch out the moms before we go lift our kids into all the apparatus.

I loathe gymnastics, actually. I can't breathe for hours after we leave the filthy place. This will be our only session...oh, for some competition for those folks!

RUTH said...

H & K weaned at 3. The stars aligned and it was suddenly the right thing for all of us.