Sunday, July 30, 2006

going down!

I have not lost very much weight in the last 2 months. I am still firming up, but I don't want to be at this weight forever. It finally dawned on me that perhaps eating ~900 calories of ice cream a night is preventing me from losing weight. Yea, I'm quick like that. I've decided to only eat half a pint of ice cream a night. If I only eat 1/2 a pint, that's 3150 calories less a week and a pound is 3500 calories. I've also decided that I need to work out at least 3 times a week instead of 2. This new "program" ought to help.

Today, I went to the fitness center for workout #1 this week. At the end of the workout I stepped on the scale. The official weight is 1X5.5. (On Wednesday, on the same scale, it was 1X3, but we'll go with 1X5.5 as the official weight since today was the official start to this endeavor.) The official pre-pregnancy weight (before N even) is 1(X-1)8. That means I need to lose 7.5 pounds. Not too bad.

I think I may have mentioned that I am guessing my hips and legs are going to end up skinnier than they were before kids when all is said and done. My stomach... I'm glad I've seen Shape of a Mother. All things considered, my stomach is not doing too bad. I got a few stretch marks, but they are really low. A bikini would have to be really really skimpy to show them. My stomach is bigger than I want it to be, but perhaps eating less ice cream will help.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

BOn chance, ma amie!

Mrs. CP said...

That Shape of a Mother blog was good for me to see! It really helped me to see (literally) that I'm normal!! Oh and I got my blood work results back and they were fine- so I'm relieved that my recent weight loss wasn't because of a wacko thyroid.

Oh and weigh in the morning not at the end of a workout - you'll be lighter! My scale at home is alwalys 4 pounds less than a doctor's scale. I love my scale much better!! Tee hee.

One more thought - you said are firming up...do you think maybe you haven't lost those last 7 pounds because you've developed muscle density?

Anonymous said...

That's great! I love that you've done the math on how much ice cream you can still eat! Too funny. That shape of a mother website definitely made me feel better about my stomach, too.