Thursday, November 09, 2006

Holding pattern

The hospital took another stomach x-ray, but the doctor hasn't read it yet. My Mom is feeling a bit better, and isn't taking morphine too often for the pain any more (my Dad thinks). Her white blood cell count is going down so this suggests (to the doctor) that the treatment is helping. The doctor will know more when he gets the results from the x-rays.

A holding pattern of watchful waiting to hopefully let the antibiotic work and do its thing is much better than surgery.

I spoke to my Dad this morning and he cried. It's tough on him to watch the woman he loves, and has loved for more than 60 years, suffer. I'm sure he's playing out "what-if" scenarios in his mind, and that's not helping. He's trying to stay positive.

Thank you so much for reading and sending good thoughts her way. It made me feel very nice last night to know that you all thought about my Mom. If you have another moment, also think "strong thoughts" for my Dad. Thank you.

No comments: