Thursday, August 17, 2006

Love...

I rarely do blogosphere activities because I rarely have time, but I really like the positive focus of this activity, so I'm joining in!

Chookooloonks and Momster started the idea for "Love Thursday" and I saw it at Nino's blog. In honor of "Love Thursday" I will share a long love story. My parents have been married for 60 years. A long time. I hope I am so lucky.

If being married for 60 years, raising 4 children, and still being able to smile (and glow) in a photograph doesn't say "love" I don't know what does. To me, they are the epitome of wedded "bliss"... All in the Family style wedded bliss. They bicker constantly, including over what is the best way to make oatmeal, but when one is absent, the other is at a loss. My Mom recently got a pacemaker and my Dad was delighted when she started complaining about something right after the surgery. He knew she was feeling pretty good. They need each other. They are one.

If you want to see pictures of them from the day before they were married, the day they were married, the day they celebrated their 58th anniversary, and the day they celebrated their 60th, leave me a comment.

Spread the love!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Bickering as love-- fantastic! Thanks so much for sharing your story!

Happy Love Thursday!

K.
Chookooloonks
Emerald Market