Monday, November 27, 2006

A confirmatory sign?

I've said many a time how extremely different N (4.75) and K (2.5) are. If N says yes K will say no. Or, take for example, how much N loves to wear long-sleeved PJs and K wears the skimpiest little nightgowns. Or how N also always wears socks to bed--even in the summer when it's over one-hundred degrees outside. K never wears socks--even as the daily high is hovering below 60 and the low in the night gets in the 40's.

Since T's been around (15 months now), I've always imagined she was going to be somewhere in the middle of her older sisters' extremes. I think I am getting evidence of this. Recently, T has been pulling off one sock and running around the house with one sock on and one off. Such compromise.

I never dreamed one sock on and one off would be the first sign of T's moderation. MWH noticed this. (Note, he never wears socks (errrrr maybe never wears them unless he wears a suit and I think I can count on one hand, but definitely two hands how many times I've seen him wear a suit). I wear socks in the winter. He wondered if T's wearing of just one sock was an odd, new form of inheritance. We know it's not blending or non-blending. Maybe it's a type of gene grafting or something odd like that.

No comments: