Monday, November 27, 2006

This just in....

T (15 months) says "up" and "down" correctly. She was climbing onto a chair and said "Uhh....." then she climbed down and said "Duhhhhh." She did it several more times. Daddy (MWH) was watching her and just shared this accomplishment with me. I witnessed it. Wow.

She's also grabbing toys and pretend cooking at the kitchen. I love this stage. (But then again, I love all the stages.)

Edited to add: 5 minutes after she demonstrated her understanding of up and down on the chair, she and I went upstairs and she demonstrated her generalization of the concept as she walked up to my bed, patted it and said, "Uhhh." This girl is amazing!

1 comment:

RUTH said...

One of K's first really useful words was "up" and man did she use it. Given context and jestures she could make "up" clearly mean "pick me up" or "I'm up and I don't want to be" or "put this up" or "give me that thing up there" or "these steps go up" or "look at that plane" and more.