Sunday, November 26, 2006

I'm just sayin'

If you're talking on your cell phone, rather loudly, in the midst of a crowded store, you might not want to be having this conversation, "When my brother's company got raided by the FBI, and they found evidence of fraud, he lost all of his funding and had to file for bankruptcy."

I have no idea who the woman was who was talking on her cell phone and saying that. In fact, I really didn't want to hear any more or get to know her.

Perhaps she was conducting a social science experiment to judge how people react.

I moved away from her as inconspicuously (and as quickly) as possible.



1 comment:

RUTH said...

This reminds me of a story a friend told me a long time ago. She had a holiday job at IBM. One day she was singing in the lift without really thinking about it. When she noticed the very odd look the suit in the lift was giving her she started thinking about it.

The song she was absent mindedly singing was Monty Python's "Sit on my face and tell me that you love me".