Friday, November 03, 2006

Coming soon to a blog near you...

More stress... Heh.

Several things are brewing at work right now. Coming up are 2 proposals and one annual report, plus the tying up of a few loose ends. I was really trying to keep things low-key and I said NO to a lot of projects and THANK GOODNESS I DID, because despite my best efforts, it's going to be really busy in November and December now.

(Sidebar) I haven't been a proposal writer since 2001 (when I got put on a proposal with a team of 3 people when about 8 people were out on vacation and the proposal was an impossible task and it was 2 weeks of writing hell and it ended on 9/10/01 and the next day was 9/11 and it just wasn't a fun time--and we didn't get funded). Since then, I've written parts of proposals, but not whole ones. (End Sidebar)

The good thing is that the two proposals are for my favorite project. The bad thing is that I didn't want to be really busy in the holiday season. This has happened to me the last 2 years. I was working really hard to keep this from happening again, but you just can't plan where I work. It can turn insane on a dime.

It should be interesting to see how the next 6 weeks go. Right now, I'm feeling optimistic that it won't be too insane. I have this fantasy that I'll be able to approach these 3 projects with a plan and keep them under control. Most likely, I'm only telling myself this so that I don't go running screaming away. Hmmmm... maybe running screaming away isn't such a bad idea.

No comments: