Friday, November 03, 2006

Shopping Trip

I went to the store with the big red bull's eye for their logo today. I had a lot of little stuff to get and it is so convenient to go there, and everybody likes them. Heck, I like shopping there, but I always feel bad going and spending money there. I don't like who they support politically. Since election day is coming, I guess I feel like bringing this up. (I can feel a little better since I bought a Mocha at S*t*arbucks to drink while I browsed.)

Besides their politics, one thing that is troubling to me is the $1 spot they have. It's right as you walk in. I always walk through it. I often find myself thinking, "Yea, I really need a really cheap half-broken Frankenstein picture frame because it's just a dollar."

Um, no, I don't. It's all because of the allure of the $1 spot area that I thought that. My paranoid conspiracy theory is that they emit "it's just a dollar" rays that make you want to buy things from that area.

The other thing that currently troubles me about the store with the red bull's eye logo is the fact that I wear a size 4 there. I am not a 4. I am happy to be an 8 again.

I should work towards shopping more at Costco. I like Costco, but it's just not convenient for me to go there. The last few years have been survival years and I haven't had time to do much more than I've been doing. Maybe I'll can make it a New Year's resolution for next year. Go to Costco more. Heh. Nice resolution, eh?

*******************

One funny N (4 and 3/4s) story. While we were shopping there today, I saw a Halloween t-shirt (on sale, cheap) that said, "My sister is a witch" on it. I read it to N. She howled with laughter. She literally repeated that phrase to herself about 20 times as we went through the store and each time she nearly fell down laughing. I guess she identified with the sentiment.

When we got K (30 months) and T (14 months) from the nanny, N told K about the shirt. K replied, without missing a beat, "T is a witch."

Ahh, sisterly love.

No comments: