Sunday, September 17, 2006

Paper Update

I spent some more time with the paper and I feel like it is in pretty good shape... If only we had another week! Or even another 2 days. However, we will get a draft in tomorrow (it was due Friday--I think we're doing pretty well in terms of timeline given how many other things we have happening).

We'll see what goes in as the "first official" draft and if the other author and I agree on it (completely). Both she and I agree that we need two more (and maybe 3 revisions) after feedback before it's final. We're okay with that. This is the process for an academic book chapter. This process is actually less structured (so far) than most chapters for books we've written. We'll see how it turns out though. (The editors could start freaking out after they read the first drafts and "get tough" with us!)

I think I've told you about my love/hate feelings for this kind of academic writing. Right now, I am feeling like this is a good paper and that this process has been a very positive (but time consuming) one. I feel like I have learned a lot and that is why I do it.

No comments: