Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Out of the mouths of ...

tired, overworked, geeky moms...

N (4.5) was talking (non-stop) about her theory of how people learn. She was talking about how she learned all of her letters and how she was getting better and better at sounding words out and almost reading (and didn't stop for a breath of air)... and then she pondered learning and knowing again and how it all took place. I looked at her and said, "You're quite the little epistemologist."

Ummm... yea... TOO MUCH WORK.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love words and take secret delight in introducing polysyllabic words to my children. A couple of days ago I told them about snails being hermaphrodites.

Heather loves long words too. When she had drawn all over herself she told me she was "decorated". She also likes "fabulous" and others which escape me at this moment.

A long time ago when they both had colds they asked their nanny what the part of your face between your nose and your mouth is called. She rang her sister (a doctor) and told H & K it is called your filtrum. They now think this is a perfectly normal word everyone knows (like chin). I am still pondering the question - why don't we have a common word for that part of our faces?