Monday, September 11, 2006

one million (2 little things)

N (4.5) told me that one million was a very big number. I agreed. I asked, "Can you think of a number bigger than one million?" She thought and said, "38." She's only 4.5. I laughed--at least she picked a number larger than my age.

We then talked about how you can always think of a number bigger by just thinking of "one more." We discussed one million and one... one million and two... (one million 38 and etc.). At the end of our conversation, I'm not sure she really believed me that one million was bigger than 38. (I think she can't conceptualize the vastness of the quantity one million... It is a lot!)

Last night, we were taking a little walk and she was having fun stepping on my shadow. I remember doing that as a kid. No one told me, how much fun, nay wonderful, it was going to be to get to re-live childhood with my children. It. is. so. much. fun.

No comments: