Friday, September 29, 2006

Little girl stuff

Miss T (1 year, 1 month) ate a crayon tonight. It was a red one. I saw her come toddling over to me with red stuff dripping out of her mouth and down her shirt. I was a little freaked out and then I realized it was a crayon because of the wax in her teeth. She ended her meal with a breastmilk chaser. Yum.

Miss N (4 and 2/3s) got her toenails painted for the first time tonight. They are a very faint gold color. She picked it out of my stash. I painted my toes to match. It was such a girly moment. She has always been such a tom-boy that I was surprised that she wanted me to do it. After we finished she was all worried that the gold color wouldn't match anything she was wearing. I tried to explain that toes didn't have to "match." She decided she wanted blue. I don't have blue. One of my friends often paints her toes blue or green, but I don't have those colors. I'm a hot-pink or red-red kind of girl usually. Every so often I go into a plum kind of shade.

Miss K (28 months) started to throw a screaming fit again tonight when the nanny (aka Mary Poppins) left. Literally. She threw herself at the door. I did what any good Mom would do. I bribed her with a new video. I checked out Cinderella from the library. Crisis averted. I couldn't do another night like last night. K is happily watching with her sister N right now. Miss K is such a girly-girl. She loves princesses.

No comments: