Wednesday, September 13, 2006

A bed!

I have this crazy idea that soon we'll have all 3 little girls sharing a room (and that they will actually sleep) (in our new house--still planning to move to it in November). (That's one crazy sentence! I'm not changing it. It's got parentheses, italics, dashes, commas...OH MY! Did you understand it?)

In hopes of one bedroom and 3 sleeping girls, I found this bed. The bottom bed should hold two little girls (it's full size) and the there is a top bunk behind the window (and the bunk area is enclosed on both sides).

Theoretically, (and I STRESS THEORETICALLY) 3 little girls will be able to sleep in the room in this bed. I just put down a deposit on that bed. Am I crazy?

I'm going to have to do a post about sleep in our house soon. Awwww, heck, I'll just do some of that sleep post now... K (28 months) still likes to sleep in OUR room either in our bed or in the portable crib in there. I don't know when the last time it was that she slept in her own room (probably early May... before she learned to climb out of her crib). T (1!) sleeps in her own room in a crib (from about 9 pm -6 am and then goes back to sleep after nursing from 6-8 or 9 or sometimes even 10!). N (4 and 2/3s) sleeps in her own bed in the room that K is supposed to be sharing with her. I think part of the reason K is in our room is that she is ready for a bed. We haven't bought one yet because I just want to wait until we go to the new house. So what do you think? Will this bed work?

Full disclosure: That picture was taken from the website of the place where we're buying the bed. It's not my picture and if you want to know more about where we're getting our bed, leave me a comment (and your email if I don't have it).

1 comment:

RUTH said...

A while back I read "The No Cry Sleep Solution" by Elizabeth Pantley. She says (as I remember it) that sibling beds can be a good solution for small people who like to share a bed with someone else without the someone else being you.

My two girls (both 3 1/2) share a room but not a bed. I think that H likes having her own space (we get called in when K climbs in her bed). K would share much more happily.