Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Being positive

I wrote a "Top Ten Reasons I hate writing academic papers" post, but don't know if I want to publish it. I think it might 1) be offensive and 2) I try not to post things that might come back to bite me in various body parts. Even "being anonymous" I try to be somewhat careful* in what I post. If you'd like to see those top ten reasons, you can email me. The writing of the "Top 10" both amused me and made me feel better, so maybe now I'll just stick to the positive side of things...

The 3 good things about writing academic papers.

I get to drink LOTS OF COFFEE!
It feels so good when you are done! (Like when you stop hitting yourself in the head with a hammer!)
You get another publication for the old CV.


*No one is perfect and I have sometimes regretted a post. I have removed a few posts after I've published them because I didn't want them laying around collecting dust in Google's archives (though some might still be there anyway).

No comments: