Monday, August 21, 2006

T's party!

It was nice. It was low-key, but even low-key is a lot of work. The weather was perfect (75-80). We had a table outside and most of the party was in the back yard. I just love it when the weather is perfect. It's perfect most of the time here, with the exception of that weekend in July when it was so HOT. We only need air conditioning about 3 weeks a year where we live. We've had about 10 days of the heat so far, and probably in September we'll have a bit of hot weather again. But I'm digressing. I just want T to know that her first birthday party involved perfect weather!

We had lots of food (turkey for sandwiches, and yummy sandwich fixin's, chips, salsa, guac, yummy Asian chicken salad, a big ole fruit salad, ice cream cake (I made it), olives (because I think olives are a party food!), baby carrots, choice of softdrinks or juice drinks)...

T slept until 1:45 and the party started at 1, but that's okay... People showed up about 1:30 so she didn't miss much. We gave her some food in her high chair outside, but she dumped most of it on the ground. We did cake and sang, but she was kind of scared while we sang to her. She turned her head to the side and wouldn't look at any one. Not even me. When we were done singing, she grabbed some of the whipped cream from the cake, but then started to cry (from being scared during the singing) and needed me to hold her. I happily obliged. She tasted the cake (yummy yummy ice cream cake), and in the process got her first bites of chocolate. She was a fan (no surprise there)! She didn't eat too much cake, but that's okay. There will be plenty of time for cake eatin' later!

People hung around until about 3:30 or 4. We got some cute pictures of the event, but I haven't downloaded yet. It was kind of bittersweet. She isn't a "baby" anymore. I can't believe it. My last baby.... I am more sad about this than I would have predicted. I don't know how to write about it. There's always a last baby at some point. She's my last baby (we're almost 100% sure). I am looking forward to doing more big girl fun things with all 3.

A year ago I was scared to death to be left alone with all 3.... Not scared of them, but scared one would do something and hurt themselves. Now it's no big deal. Even though I'm happy to have reached that point, I'm still sad that I don't have a baby... I have a Toddler!

No comments: