Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Happy for T--Happy for 3.

Whenever I look at T, I'm so happy that sometimes life is unpredictable. If I would have "waited" until I felt I could have handled 3 kids we would just be starting to try. Who knows, maybe if we'd waited until now I would have had difficulty conceiving or maybe I wouldn't have been able to conceive... Or maybe it would have just happened... Who knows. We'll never know for sure.

I'm just happy we have 3. N, K and T. I love watching them play together. I love watching them be sisters. I never had a sister, so this is all new to me, but it's a lot of fun. (Ask me again in 10 years in the midst of puberty and hormones if I still feel this way though!) I love having 3 very different girls. I have a tom-boy (N), a very girlie-girl (K) and I'm guessing T will be somewhere in the middle. N and K seem like they are the anchor points on our spectrum.

I was the only girl and I often felt like my Mom wanted me to be a certain way because, "She had waited so long before she got a girl," and because she had certain expectations of what girls were supposed to be like. I always felt a little like I was disappointing her. With three, I don't think I can be disappointed.... I also don't think I have "expectations" of what a girl is supposed to be like.... I know so many fabulous women...if my girls end up smart, happy and enjoying their lives, I will be happy.

No comments: